How to Get a Family Reunion Visa for Switzerland

Switzerland Family Reunion Visa

Switzerland Family Reunion Visa

Are you going to Switzerland to live with family or relatives for a period of more than 3 months?  You are going to need to get a Family Reunion visa.  This type of visa will fall under the National Visa (type D).

The Embassy of Switzerland in Washington D.C.’s has a really good and easy to understand document on the process for getting the family reunion visa. If you want the long story, click here.

All official visa forms are located here.

Where to find your closest consulate.

  • If you’re inside the U.S., click here to find the embassy or consulate that services your State.
  • If you’re outside of the U.S.: Click here.

Go to my Switzerland visa page for information on other types of visas for Switzerland.

Further Reading

About Addison Sears-Collins

Hey! I'm Addison Sears-Collins, the founder of Visa Hunter. You can learn more about me here. Connect with me by liking my fan page on Facebook, connecting with me on Twitter, or check out my website Automatic Addison where I build robots and embedded systems. accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!