How to Get a Brazil Student Visa

Brazil Student Visa

Brazil Student Visa

The Brazil Student Visa is one of the most non-uniform visa processes there is.  If you take a look at the various consulate sites around the web, you will see that the types of documents required vary tremendously depending on where you live.  I still cannot understand why this is.

The biggest hurdle to getting the Brazil Student Visa will be…well EVERYTHING!  Right from the start, you will need to secure a spot at an accredited institution in Brazil.  You will then need to get a whole bunch of documents (documents which often need to be notarized), fly to your home country, and have a TON of patience.

Nevertheless, if you are persistent, you can get the Brazil Student Visa.  Follow my links below to find out the “simple steps” on how to get this visa type.

Who Can Apply for a Brazil Student Visa?

  • Students at the undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate or technical level, including religious courses, offered by academic institutions recognized by the Brazilian Ministry of Education (MEC)
  • Check to see if the institution is recognized by the MEC here
  • Graduate or post-graduate students engaging in training or internship supported by a Brazilian university
  • Applicants who intend to study in elementary and/or high school or take language courses offered by institutions which have a CNPJ number
If You Live in the United States

Click on the link below to go to my student visa steps for the relevant Brazil consulate, based on the State you live in (for example, if you live in Kentucky, you will need to click on “Washington D.C. Consulate”)

  • Washington D.C. Consulate (D.C., Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, North American bases – except Guam)
  • Atlanta Consulate (Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee)
  • Boston Consulate (Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont)
  • Chicago Consulate (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
  • Hartford Consulate (Connecticut, Rhode Island)
  • Houston Consulate (Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mex., Oklahoma, Texas)
  • Los Angeles Consulate (Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, and in California, the counties of Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura)
  • Miami Consulate (Florida, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Bahamas)
  • New York Consulate (Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Bermuda)
  • San Francisco Consulate (Oregon, Washington, Alaska and in California, the counties of Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin)
If You Live Outside of the United States

Find your nearest embassy or consulate here.

Further Reading

About Addison Sears-Collins

Hey! I'm Addison Sears-Collins, the founder of Visa Hunter. You can learn more about me here. Connect with me by liking my fan page on Facebook, connecting with me on Twitter, or check out my website Automatic Addison where I build robots and embedded systems. accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!