Select Your Somalia Visa Type Below
- General Information and Eligibility
- Somalia Tourist Visa Requirements
- Somalia Business Visa Requirements
- Somalia Work Visa Requirements
Visa Hunter’s Miscellaneous Tips for Somalia Visas
- Contrary to what you might think, getting a visa to get to Somalia is pretty easy. If you are one of those people who like to “go off the beaten path,” go ahead and get a tourist visa for Somaliland (autonomous region of Somalia). You will then be able to say to your friends, “I have been to Somalia!”
- As you would expect, the Somalia embassy websites look like they are out of the late 1990s (full with broken links, outdated and incorrect information).
- Although somewhat outdated and pretty bad interface, this site here has a list of some interesting things to do if you happen to make the trek to Somaliland. Just make sure you have the appropriate paperwork before venturing off the beaten track.
- If you are reading this page, you are probably wondering, why doesn’t Visa Hunter include Somalia visa information for Somalia proper (including Mogadishu)? Well, the reason is because getting to Somalia proper is a whole other animal compared to getting to Somaliland.
- If you are interested in traveling to Mogadishu or other parts of “real Somalia,” you are most definitely going to need a passport and visa. The most popular place to get the visa is at the Somalia Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya. Note that, if you are a United States citizen and are reading this, it will be next to impossible for you to get a tourist visa to go to mainland Somalia.
- The U.S. doesn’t even have any diplomatic representations for this country (although the Somalia Embassy in Nairobi and Djibouti have limited services).
Want Professional Visa Help? If you are a U.S. citizen and want professional help with getting a visa, check out my post on the 7 Best Travel Visa Services in the United States.
Worldwide Moving Guide: Everything you need to know in order to plan your move to 65+ countries around the world.
Find an Embassy or Consulate: Check my Worldwide Embassy and Consulate Finder to find the diplomatic representation nearest you.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!