The United Kingdom is located in Europe. The official language is English.
Below is a selection of resources for searching for employment opportunities as a foreigner.
General Job Search Engines and Classifieds
With the sites below, you can expect to get a 0.5 to 1.0% response rate (people who will respond back to you to whom you sent your application/CV.) Nevertheless, I encourage you to give these sites a try as you never know what you will come up with or what connections you can make from a simple e-mail or application.
- Jobs.ac.uk: A big UK job site.
- The Guardian: The Guardian has job postings.
- Career Jet: I’m sure you’ve heard of Career Jet. They have job search options for the UK.
- Indeed: The UK version of the big U.S. job search site Indeed.com.
- Jobsite: Big boys in the UK job search field.
- Reed: These guys have a ridiculous number of job postings. One of the things I like about this site is that they actually show the number of job postings. Other job sites should look and learn from these guys.
- Monster: Monster has been around since pretty much the dawn of the internet era.
- Gov.uk: Government-run job site.
- Manpower: Recruitment agency.
Other Websites and Blogs
- Expat Arrivals: A good primer on working in the UK.
- Transitions Abroad: Transitions Abroad has a really comprehensive list for anyone considering becoming an expatriate in the UK.
Overseas and Expat Job Portals
- Michael Page: An international executive recruitment website that I’ve used in the past. This site is targeted towards high-end job seekers.
- eFinancialCareers: My favorite search engine for finance jobs on the web. I used them during my Wall Street days. They have lots of jobs for the UK.
- Overseas Jobs: I find that there is often significant overlap between the postings on this site and that of other sites. Nevertheless this site has been around for a while.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. In fact, on the visa information portion of my website, you will find where I have linked to their global embassies directory. They have a good job portal too.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
There you have it. The best places to find jobs in the UK as a foreigner. For information on visas for the UK, be sure to check out my United Kingdom visa page. If you are looking to spice up your dating life, check out my post on the best online dating sites in the UK.
How to Answer the 150 Most Common Job Interview Questions: Get sample answers to the most frequently asked job interview questions.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Apartments Guide: If you are interested in renting an apartment in this country, take a look at my articles on how to find an apartment in various countries around the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I get a tiny commission if you click on the links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!