Select Your Ukraine Visa Type Below
- General Information and Eligibility
- Ukraine Tourist Visa Requirements (Business Visa falls into this category)
- Ukraine Transit Visa Requirements
- Ukraine Student Visa Requirements
- Ukraine Residency and Work Permit Requirements
Visa Hunter’s Miscellaneous Tips for the Ukraine Visa
- Ukraine’s visa information can be a bit confusing, especially with respect to residence and work permits.
- There are lots of different types of visas for the Ukraine, but you can pretty much sum everything up into three (3) categories: transit visas (VB), short term visas (VC), and long term visas (VC). Don’t worry about the two letter acronyms. It is just a government-based identifier for the type of visa. I am going to split out Tourist/Business Visas, Student Visas and Work/Residency Permit information in my categories above.
- If you want to get an extension on your visa, you are going to need to get in touch with the local office of the Ukraine State Department of Citizenship, Immigration, and Registration (officially VGIFRO, but still referred to almost universally by its old acronym, “OVIR”) at least three days before your initial registration expires.
- The Ukraine Ministry of Foreign Affairs has an awesome website here.
- The United States Embassies and Consulates can be found here.
Want Professional Visa Help? If you are a U.S. citizen and want professional help with getting a visa, check out my post on the 7 Best Travel Visa Services in the United States.
Worldwide Moving Guide: Everything you need to know in order to plan your move to 65+ countries around the world.
Find an Embassy or Consulate: Check my Worldwide Embassy and Consulate Finder to find the diplomatic representation nearest you.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!