Select Your Suriname Visa Type Below
- General Information and Eligibility
- Suriname Tourist Card Requirements (Short term, single entry, and expires after 90 days)
- Suriname Tourist Visa Requirements (Good for 5 years, multiple entries)
- Suriname Transit Visa Requirements
- Suriname Business Visa Requirements (Good for 5 years, multiple entries)
- Suriname Work Visa Requirements
- Suriname Temporary Resident Visa Requirements (i.e. Authorization for Temporary Stay – MVK)
Visa Hunter’s Miscellaneous Tips for Suriname Visas
- The less traveled countries, like Suriname, typically have just one Embassy (normally in Washington D.C.) that process all visas for the entire U.S. This means that information is centralized and the steps for getting the Suriname visa won’t vary, regardless if you live in New York or California.
- The Embassy of Suriname in Washington D.C. seriously needs to update their website. C’mon guys, it is no longer the 1990s!
- You will see on this website here that they say you have to get the Tourist Card before your trip.
- However, the U.S. State Department says you can purchase it on arrival. and the Consulate General of Suriname in Amsterdam also says you can purchase it on arrival. Who do you believe?
- Go with the U.S. State Department on this one. When you land in Paramaribo, you will see that there is a booth at the airport in Paramaribo where you can purchase the Tourist Card. The process is pretty easy…you just need to present your passport and your return ticket.
Want Professional Visa Help? If you are a U.S. citizen and want professional help with getting a visa, check out my post on the 7 Best Travel Visa Services in the United States.
Worldwide Moving Guide: Everything you need to know in order to plan your move to 65+ countries around the world.
Find an Embassy or Consulate: Check my Worldwide Embassy and Consulate Finder to find the diplomatic representation nearest you.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!