Select Your Mauritania Visa Type Below
- General Information and Eligibility
- Mauritania Tourist Visa Requirements
- Mauritania Transit Visa Requirements
- Mauritania Business Visa Requirements
- Mauritania Student Visa Requirements
- Mauritania Work Visa Requirements
Visa Hunter’s Miscellaneous Tips for Mauritania Visas
- Mauritania has to have one of the least transparent visa processes in the world. Like most countries in this part of the world, the embassy and consulate websites are either broken down or nonexistent.
- If you were to find the information that I have posted on this site, it would take you a long, long time. But, no need to fear, Visa Hunter is here to tell you just how to get a visa to Mauritania. Follow the links above.
- Mauritania is a developing country in the northwest part of Africa. The official language is Arabic, but many people speak French. Like a lot of other countries in this part of the world, there is a whole gamut of local languages, each with their distinct sound and tonalities.
- If your plans are taking you to Nouakchott (the capital of Mauritania), you will find that tourist facilities are sufficient. Outside of the capital, well….that is a different story!
- Hospitals and medical facilities are pretty slim pickings in Mauritania, so make sure that, in addition to bringing your Mauritania visa with you (if you need to get it, see my Mauritania General Information and Eligibility page), that you load up on the proper medications, such as Malaria prevention type stuff.
Want Professional Visa Help? If you are a U.S. citizen and want professional help with getting a visa, check out my post on the 7 Best Travel Visa Services in the United States.
Worldwide Moving Guide: Everything you need to know in order to plan your move to 65+ countries around the world.
Find an Embassy or Consulate: Check my Worldwide Embassy and Consulate Finder to find the diplomatic representation nearest you.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!