Select Your Libya Visa Type Below
- General Information and Eligibility
- Libya Tourist Visa Requirements
- Libya Business Visa Requirements
- Libya Visitor Visa On Arrival
Visa Hunter’s Miscellaneous Tips for the Libya Visa
- Libya ranks as one of the most difficult visas to get (for foreigners of any country).
- Like the North Korea visa process, you are going to need to apply for a Libya visa through a licensed tour operator if you are coming for tourist purposes.
- The Government of Libya will not allow you to enter the country if you have a passport bearing an Israeli visa or entry/exit stamp from Israel.
- Libyan authorities informed the U.S. Department of State in November 2010 that Arabic passport translations are not required for U.S. citizen tourists. Most European tourists now travel to Libya without the passport translation, and since June 2010, U.S. tourists have entered Libya without having the translation.
- The Libyan government requires all its citizens, including dual nationals, to enter and depart Libya on Libyan documents. In some cases U.S. citizens of Libyan descent have entered Libya on an old or expired Libyan identity document and then discovered that they cannot depart Libya without obtaining a valid Libyan passport, which can be a time-consuming, cumbersome process.
Want Professional Visa Help? If you are a U.S. citizen and want professional help with getting a visa, check out my post on the 7 Best Travel Visa Services in the United States.
Worldwide Moving Guide: Everything you need to know in order to plan your move to 65+ countries around the world.
Find an Embassy or Consulate: Check my Worldwide Embassy and Consulate Finder to find the diplomatic representation nearest you.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be advertisements or affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I earn money or get a tiny commission if you click on the affiliate links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!