Namibia is a country located in southern Africa. The official language is English.
Below is a selection of resources for searching for employment opportunities as a foreigner in Namibia.
General Job Search Engines and Classifieds
With the sites below, you can expect to get a 0.5 to 1.0% response rate (people who will respond back to you to whom you sent your application/CV.) Nevertheless, I encourage you to give these sites a try as you never know what you will come up with or what connections you can make from a simple e-mail or application.
- Career Junction: A big South African job search website that has job vacancies for Namibia.
- Pinup Jobs: Not the prettiest of interfaces, but it has a bunch of job postings in different industries.
- Info Mine: Lots of engineering and mining jobs.
- Career Jet: I’m sure you’ve heard of Career Jet. They have job search options for Namibia.
- Learn4Good: Learn4Good has a good portal for jobs on a number of levels.
Teaching English is an option (if you are a native English speaker that is). All of the sites below are pretty similar and have a massive amount of teaching English job options. Browse through each of the sites for any English job opportunities in Namibia. Also, be sure to check out this cool table from the International TEFL academy that shows how much money teachers can expect to make in various countries around the world.
- ESL Employment: Not the most beautiful interface, but who needs a pretty website when you have so many English teaching job options to choose from.
- Total ESL: Also an overly busy interface but a wealth of job postings for teaching jobs abroad.
- ESL Cafe: Dave does a great job in compiling some of the best job openings from around the world.
- Tesall: Big teaching jobs aggregator.
Overseas and Expat Job Portals
- Overseas Jobs: I find that there is often significant overlap between the postings on this site and that of other sites. Nevertheless this site has been around for a while.
- Go Abroad: I’ve always been a fan of GoAbroad. In fact, on the visa information portion of my website, you will find where I have linked to their global embassies directory. They have a good job portal too.
- Linkedin: Last but not least, this huge professional social network is a resource for building contacts in the field and location of your interest.
There you have it. The best places to find jobs in Namibia as a foreigner. For information on visas for Namibia, be sure to check out my Namibia visa page. If you are looking to spice up your dating life, check out my post on the best online dating sites in Africa.
Visa Hunter Jobs: Check out Visa Hunter Jobs, a site that aggregates job listings (mainly teaching jobs since those are the easiest to get as a foreigner) from the top sites around the web so you don't have to go from site to site.
Worldwide Moving Guide: Everything you need to know in order to plan your move to 65+ countries around the world.
Worldwide Jobs Guide: Be sure to check out my posts on how to find jobs in any country in the world.
Worldwide Apartments Guide: If you are interested in renting an apartment in this country, take a look at my articles on how to find an apartment in various countries around the world.
Worldwide Dating Guide: Also, check out my posts on the best online dating sites in 60+ countries around the world.
Visahunter.com accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of the information contained on this site. Please read the Visitor Agreement and Disclaimer. If you think there is an error in the information, please bring it to our attention so that we can correct it. Also, some of the links above could be affiliate links, which means that I will earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) should you decide to click on the links and make a purchase. I recommend sites from time to time, not because I get a tiny commission if you click on the links and make a purchase, but because, I want you to focus on the places that will deliver you the most value and the best results. Good luck!